Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thankful for thanks

Today was a solid second day.  I talked with one of my new 10th graders who is already driving me bonkers (he didn't want to edit his introduction essay because it was already perfect, and then wanted to know what to do if he didn't want me to know some of the stuff in his essay, but then was "worried" it would be too short).  I pulled him aside after class today and said, I can tell you're very smart.  I can also tell you really like attention.  I you need you to curb your impulse to seek it.

Anywho, after an appointment this evening, I hit up Target Boutique to buy more binder fillin's.  I've sold 5 complete binders, and  four more kids said they would like one, plus another girl told me that her family can't handle any school purchases right now.

The cashier looked at my pile of pocket dividers, binder pockets, Post-Its and notecards and said, "You're a teacher, huh?  I can't believe how much teachers have to spend for their kids.  My daughter-in-law is a teacher, and I just can't believe how much she spends on things for her classroom."  We chatted while she rang up my stuff, and when I was leaving, she said, "I'm going to vote to get you more money!"

I'm still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment