Friday, September 26, 2008

F is for Friday

Today was one of those days where I was on autopilot. The honors kids got the happy surprise that they would be practicing rather than presenting their speeches today. The got feedback from their critical friends on the text and then the presentation of their speech.
In regular, I've fallen sadly to the siren song of the textbook. It sings of specifically targeted vocabulary and nonfiction criticism and I cannot resist.
My fish Pete has been making the rounds as a kind of talking stick, and I'm still assessing the results. It seems a friendlier take than simply having the kids choose the next person to share their answers, plus they get a chance to throw something.
I finally finished all the bigger assignments the kids turned in this week, so I can catch up on some of the smaller things I've been carrying back and forth. I want to make sure the kids get feedback, even if it is late.

No comments:

Post a Comment