Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm Lovin' It...and it's calorie free!

Epiphany in Baltimore had a double-dip of goodness in his post about teaching The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time:
  • The professional deliciousness of the kids coming in with understanding and openness:
 "Hands shot up. They wanted to talk about it. 
'At first I was confused by this boy, but when he started explaining his behavorial problems I got it more.' 
'I liked it but got confused when he went off and started talking about things that didn't seem to fit, like ice cream.' 
'Christopher was such a visual learner and drew stuff out but I didn't like that and it confused me. I liked the book overall though.'"
  • The kind of deliciousness I can steal for my classroom:
"I created an 8-page handout about all the summer reading, including a couple of passages from the novel for which students had to text-mark for the IB Learner Profile."
Hells to the yeah, Epiphany!  Love that idea!  Yoink!

No comments:

Post a Comment